Rich-text Reply

URL Targeting and Click goal on a second page

djarsoftware 03-02-15
Accepted Solution

URL Targeting and Click goal on a second page

Hello,

I am setting up a experiment where I am just targeting one page.  So I have setup my URL targeting to exact match for the page the has the experiment running on.  In this experiment I also want to track the clicks on a form button on the next page.  Which I have done by setting up the click goal and expanding the Click Goal interface and changing the URL to the second page and selecting the form button I want to track.  So when the users click from the experiment page I should be also seeing clicks on the second page when the form button is clicked.  But when I run the experiment I am not seeing any clicks from the second page form button clicks.  I am tested the flow myself just so I know that someone clicked on the form button.

Am I not seeing the clicks on the second page form button clicks because I did not include the 2nd page in my experiment or should this work how I have it setup?

I hope this all makes sense.  Just let me know.

Thanks

Chad

Shaunak 03-02-15

Re: URL Targeting and Click goal on a second page

Hey Chad,

The reason you are not seeing the goal being tracked on the other page is because the the experiment is not tracking clicks on that page. To track clicks on the other page. 

- Open the Edit Goal window

- Click Advanced to expand the view

- Under the goal targeting, select "Specify custom pages on which to track this goal"

- Make sure here you enter all the URL's on which you want to track the goals ( including the page on which the experiment is running )

- Hit Save 

I am attaching a screenshot as well.Hope that helps.

Best,

Shaunak 

Solutions Architect | Optimizely 

Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 10.38.41 AM.png
Optimizely

Hi Shaunak,

I knew that I was overlooking something.  Thank you for the help.

Sincerely,

Chad

Shaunak 03-02-15

Gald I could help.  Happy Testing !

Optimizely