Rich-text Reply

Unable to change an area, and replace with video (WP)

Yourname 03-19-16

Unable to change an area, and replace with video (WP)

Hey guys,

I've had Optimizely installed for a couple months now and have been trying quite a few times to rearrange elements on a wordpress main page. 

There's a slider under the navigation that I'm trying to remove and move a Wistia video from the footer into that area instead. But this is proving to be quite difficult and I'm unable to see what other ways I can use. Sometimes I succeed in moving elements so in the "Editing mode" they seem like they're arranged well, but when I go to preview it's the same as before.

Any help would be great!

Level 2

DavidS 03-21-16

Re: Unable to change an area, and replace with video (WP)

Hi Yourname,

Thanks for reaching out to Optimizely Support!

I understand that you are making changes in the Visual Editor that do not seem to reflect in Preview Mode.

I took a look at the Optimizely account associated with your Optiverse account. Are you referring to an experiment belonging to this account?

If so, the reason why Preview Mode may not reflect the changes is because the snippet is not present on your page. This forces the Visual Editor to load your page over proxy, which reduces the editing features of the Visual Editor. Would you mind adding the snippet to your page and seeing if this issue persists?

I hope that is helpful. Feel more than free to reply back with any additional questions at all.

Best,
David

Optimizely
DavidS 03-22-16

David,

Installed the Wordpress Plugin and tried preview. 
Still doesn't show the preview.

Please help
Thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Since Preview Mode doesn't load, the best workaround at this point is to regenerate the Preview snippet. To achieve that, head to the Visual Editor and click on the <Edit code> box at the lower right corner. In there, add a space (by selecting the textarea and hitting the space bar key). Click on Apply to save changes. 

Now, head to Preview Mode. As Preview Mode is loading, you will see that a "Waiting for Changes to Upload" text overlay notifying you that the Preview snippet is being regenerated. Preview Mode should then be able to load without issues.

As a side note, I logged into your account, regenerated the snippet and was able to load Preview Mode without issues.

Let's get to the bottom of this!

Optimizely
Yourname 03-27-16

David,

I thought I answered here - but looks like it didn't make it.
Anyway, the preview mode launching isn't the problem - it's the changes seen in editor mode not making it as a preview that's the problem.

Not sure what's wrong.
Level 2
DavidS 03-29-16

Yourname,

I sent you a private message with a screencast on your account on how to get Visual Editor working. 

Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions!

Best,

David 

Optimizely
Yourname 03-29-16

David,

Thanks for the screencast. But the change you made in your screencast was pretty small. Mine, as mentioned in my first post at the top involves moving a wistia video, slider, and what not.

To further illustrate in hopes of finally getting a solution, I have created a screencast for you as well that is now in your private messages box.

Please take a look and let me know.
FYI, I have tried the same thing by being logged out of the Wordpress backend as well... in case that could have been a problem.

Thanks!
Level 2
DavidS 03-30-16

Yourname,

I answered your private message with a solution. 

For those reading the message board, the workaround is described in this article.

Because you have a slider on your page that loads after pageload, we have to tell Optimizely to wait until the slider is loaded before making changes to it. 

Let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions!

Best,

David

Optimizely