Rich-text Reply

Unable to start an experiment

oopad 02-11-15

Unable to start an experiment

Hello,

We are a long time user of Optimizely. We had multiple plans in the past and went back to the free version few months ago as we didn't have any experiment for quite some time.

We have a new experiment we'd like to start and the plans we used to know aren't available anymore. So we'd like to go with the starter plan since it seems to be enough, and no hassle of going through a time consuming contact/negociation (we are only using Optimizely "on demand", which means we'd sign up for a plan for, let's say, 1 month and then unsubscribe).

When we click on "getting started" on the starter plan, it says "Processing your subscription. This may take a minute.", but we still can't start our experiment ("You're almost done. Sign up for a free Starter plan to start your experiment  Once you've signed up, reload this page and you'll be able to start your experiment immediately.").

Experiment ID #2440091487.

Thanks for your help.

Level 1

Joel_Balmer 02-11-15

Re: Unable to start an experiment

Hi there!

By the sounds of your description, this may be a bug and so we'll look into this for you.

Let us know if your situation changes and you're able to start an experiment. We will update you here when we have updates for you.

Cheers!
Joel_Balmer 02-16-15

Hi there,

It looks like your situation was specifically due to an invalid credit card. One of our team was able to clear the invalid data and sign you up to a starter plan.

Hopefully you should be all up an running now!
PlanWise 05-09-16

Hi there

I am also getting a circular reference: start test > sign up > create account > start test > sign up > etc

Please can you help? I just need the standard plan

Cheers
Nick
Level 2
smkghosh 05-23-16

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have set up an experiment on website http://soumikseo.atwebpages.com.
The diagnostic report is saying is my experiment is implement correctly.But the experiment is not running itself.
What is going wrong?
Is it there anything additional to do to start the experiment?
I have also put the code snippet in the head section of my website.
I am using free plan.Please give some feedback on this.
My :experiment_id=6020580038
The same message is coming up again and again below:
("You're almost done. Sign up for a free Starter plan to start your experiment Once you've signed up, reload this page and you'll be able to start your experiment immediately.").

.Please fix it

I seem credit card is not required for free plan.

Level 2
smkghosh 05-23-16

[ Edited ]

Is there anybody?

Level 2
PlanWise 06-01-16

I haven't heard back from anyone, but managed to set the experiment live by going to Account Settings (top right) > Account > Account name and filled in that field. I then went back to the draft experiment and pushed the play button and that worked. 

Level 2
smkghosh 06-01-16

@PLANWISE.
Nothing happens the experiment is still not live.still givign the same error.I have tried your steps also.
here is the screenshot:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2AIImoDxbbPVV9fQXd5aUM1SHM/view?usp=sharing
Whenever I am trying to get an experiment running the same message is coming up all time.
What to do?
Level 2
David_Orr 06-01-16

Hi SMKGHOSH,

May I ask what happened when you clicked on "Sign up for a plan to start your experiment"? Were you redirected to optimizely.com/plans? If so, you should be able to sign up for the free plan by clicking on the blue "Test it out" button in the Starter plan column. Let me know if you run into an issue with the plans page.

David
Senior Technical Support Engineer
Optimizely
smkghosh 06-02-16

@David:
Amazingly it is working now.But I have done no new thing.The error lasted till yesterday.But it is working now.It is a serious bug how ever.The screen shot which I have provided you was the only thing coming up again and again until yesterday.
I have started an experiment in the free plan so what is the point to signup again?
It is solved now.But it may be happen to anyone.
Please fix the issue in future.
Thanks
Level 2
jgback 06-14-16

I am also unable to run an experiment. I have a basic account, the code is on the page, the test passes diagnostics. But when i click Start it gives me the "Sign up for a plan to start your experiment" message. Did i miss a step?

Level 1