Rich-text Reply

Using Optimizely with Omniture

mattrobbux 09-12-16

Using Optimizely with Omniture

Hi all,

Within Omniture we pick up the different variations in the report tracking.

My question is: are we able to then break down those by looking at the segment of users who complete a specific goal that has been set up for the test.

eg: all users who click on the play button of a video - is it possible to look at the segment of users who did this within omniture.

Thanks

Matt

mattrobbux
robertchan 09-12-16

Re: Using Optimizely with Omniture

Yes, just as you can push a custom event goal, you should also be able to push an event to Omniture on click. Have a look at this article for setting up custom event goals: https://help.optimizely.com/Track_Conversion_Goals/Custom_event_goals
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
inigam 09-12-16

Hi Matt,

here's from a fellow Londoner below Smiley Happy..

So to create such a segment in Omniture you would need two things
1 - Your Omniture eVar capturing your variation (see how to integrate Optimizely and Omniture)
2- Your Omniture eVar or Event capturing your 'test' goal value / event

If you have both of the above you can create a segment like below in the Omniture interface.

VISITOR 

[Your Omniture eVar for Optimizely integration] value is {Your Omniture Variation Name}

AND

{Your Omniture eVar for goal tracking } value is {Value of the goal} / if success event then {Your Event number} exists

thats it ! 

Let me know if you can work that out, its pretty easy.

Regards

IN

Regards,
IN

Level 6
mattrobbux 09-13-16

Hi Robert,

Thats great, thanks for the help and the link to that article!

Cheers

Matt
mattrobbux
mattrobbux 09-13-16

Hi Inigam,

This is perfect, I will look at implementing this. The way you have explained it makes it sound pretty simple which is great :-D

Appreciate your help!

All the best
Matt
mattrobbux
DanielQ 09-13-16

[ Edited ]

Hi mattrobbux,

Hopefully you feel like your question was answered. Would you feel comfortable marking one of the responses as the "Accepted Solution?" This will help others who have a similar question!

Thank you all!

Daniel Quick, Optimizely
Optimizely