Rich-text Reply

Variations not saving/changing to original

LaraBC 01-28-15

Variations not saving/changing to original

Hi, 

On Monday I added 2 more variations to my experiments. I triple checked that they were all saved and i've just gone back to check the results and every single variations has gone back to what was orginally on the website. 

Can anyone tell me why this is and how i get them back?

Thanks!

Level 2

Brian_Abad 01-28-15

Re: Variations not saving/changing to original

Hey @LaraBC ,

Thanks for reaching out with your question!

Are the variations not appearing within the visual editor or do you mean on the actual website when the experiment is running?

If it is within the visual editor, you can open up the < edit code > box to see the code that renders the variation changes. If there is code present within this tool, then the code should run on your site when visitors are bucketed within the associated variation. 

If it is within the actual website when the experiment is running, what you can do is check which variation you are in or whether the experiment is running on the page. Our knowledge base article details this process in full, which you can find - here: https://learn.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/201943813#audiences_goals. 

Other than that, can you provide us a bit more detail on where you aren't seeing changes and perhaps I can be of more help!

---
Brian Abad
Manager, Technical Support
Customer Success
Optimizely
scholarix 07-19-15

Re: Variations not saving/changing to original

Hi Brian,

I'm having the exact same issue. 

So within the editor, I do not see the changes visually to my variant anymore. When I made them they were there but now I have a strange mix of some changed elements and some original variant elements. 

However, when I look in code editor I see all of my variant changes. 

I'm running Optimizely on Wordpress. 

Also, I've verified that optimizely is working but publically it's also just showing the mixed original and variant view.

Please advise.