Rich-text Reply

View conversions from users who performed specific previous action like CTA click?

mkstvnsn 02-21-17

View conversions from users who performed specific previous action like CTA click?

Hey guys. Im wondering how I can find out the number of conversions of specific users who performed an action. Here's my test flow:

1.) User clicks CTA button on modal popup window

2.) User signs up for program

3.) Page view goal: successful signup page

By default, I can see the # of users who land on each step. But what I would like to know is how many people signed up that clicked the CTA button on the popup initially. Users can potentially close out of the popup, then visit the signup page through different means, but still be tracked as a conversion.

Is there a way I can find this data with my current test? Or do I need to set it up differently and do something like add a cookie when a user clicks on the button?

Level 2

Jason-GSell 02-21-17

Re: View conversions from users who performed specific previous action like CTA click?

Hi @mkstvnsn you'd likely want to set a custom attribute (if you're using Optimizely X. For Optimizely Classic, a custom dimension), when someone clicks the CTA button. Then when you look at your results, you can segment the just the users that clicked the CTA on the modal popup. 

You can learn more about custom attributes here.

If this solved your question, please mark it as the solution!

Thanks,

Jason

If this solved your question, please accept it as a solution!
Optimizely