Rich-text Reply

Visitors not tracking?

penglund 05-11-16

Visitors not tracking?

I've set up an Optimizely experiment A/B split for two site versions, and I've done this for my Squarespace site and also currently driving traffic to it via Facebook advertising.

My Facebook advertising shows website clicks to my site, but in Optimizely these clicks isn't showing in the results page.

Delay issues? 

Level 2

robertchan 05-11-16

Re: Visitors not tracking?

You mention that Facebook is tracking clicks to your site, but where are the links to your site found? If there are no links on your site that are being tracked on your site then visitors will not be tracked.
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
penglund 05-11-16

I meant that I've had so far on the latest experiment 18 visitors on my site (as shown on my result page on my Optimizely experiment), but had more than 70 link clicks through my Facebook ad's links leading them to my site. So why haven't more than 18 been registered as visitors if there are 50+ website clicks from Facebook. Would love to get a better understanding to why, thanks.
Level 2
robertchan 05-11-16

The amount of visitors you get on your experiment depends on the the traffic you've allocated as well as the percentage you've assigned to each variant. For example, if you apply 80% for traffic allocation, 80% of the 18 visitors have the chance of see the experiment, and if you have 2 variants, then whatever number of visitors who hit the experiment will get bucketed 50 to 50.
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
penglund 05-11-16

Yes I'm aware of that, in totalt I've had 18 visitors, variation a has 10 and b has 8, total of 18. So far from the numbers which click on the links through my Facebook ads still.

Level 2