Rich-text Reply

Website jams when test is started, loads when paused?

Naitsabes 10-22-15

Website jams when test is started, loads when paused?

As the title says. Tried out optimizely today after using vwo for a long time. Cant give out the url in public since its a clients.

Installed the plugin on wp website, activated and added the api. Test set up, everything seemed to work. Some conversions tracked. Then I noticed the website didnt load, couldnt be reached. Tried both Safari and Chrome.

Decided to pause the test and voila, the website started working again straight away.

Any idea if this is a normal problem that can be fixed? Really liked the UI of optimizely and it feels like it has a bit more horse power when one gets used to it.

Amanda 10-22-15

Re: Website jams when test is started, loads when paused?

Thanks for posting this. Would you be able to post your Experiment ID here? This sounds like something our support team may need to look into because it sounds like a very unique situation. My suspicion is that there was something amiss in your variation code, like replacing HTML, but I can definitely look into this for you.

Looking forward to hearing back from you so we can get this sorted out. We want you to hit the ground running successfully with Optimizely.
Optimizely
Naitsabes 10-23-15

Thank you for your answering. The id is: 3697182377.
Amanda 10-23-15

I actually opened a support ticket for you so we can look into this unique situation. If it's a solution that may be relevant to all, I will post the response here. Otherwise, I may move this conversation to the archive board. Thanks again for posting this here and I'm so sorry for the frustration caused. 

Optimizely
Naitsabes 10-23-15

Thanks Amanda.