Rich-text Reply
Highlighted

What I cannot preview the experiments I created?

dianacpat 06-17-16

What I cannot preview the experiments I created?

Hello,

I launched an experiment days ago and I'm seeing the results but when clicking on 'preview' I see both pages (origial and experiment) as the original.... I mean I dont see the changes I made on the Variation #1 on preview mode.... However, I access the editor and the changes are there.... So I don't understand what could be happening...

Thanks! 

Re: What I cannot preview the experiments I created?

Did you try using the force parameter to preview the page?https://help.optimizely.com/QA_and_Troubleshoot/Force_a_specific_variation_to_run.

You can also create a cookie to preview the variations.

Let me know if this helps.
-Joey Herzberg
robertchan 06-20-16

As Joey mentioned, try previewing using forced parameters. So if your page is Google.com, you would force preview it by going to something like Google.com/?optimizely_x6256111151=1

In the example I provided, Google.com is your page, and you would need to replace the 6256111151 with your experiment ID and the 1 with whatever variation you're attempting to preview (0 represents the first variant, usually your original/control, 1 represents the second variant, 2 represents the third variant, etc.).
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
dianacpat 06-22-16

Hello,
I tried the forced parameters and I got this: http://prntscr.com/bjjp2f
For sure im doing something wrong =/
Thanks!

Opti1.png
dianacpat 06-22-16

Hello Joe,
thanks... however the page didn't load
robertchan 06-22-16

@dianacpat By default, forced parameters are disabled. On the project level, click on Settings then navigate to Privacy. Within Privacy, untick Disable the force variation parameter. Try previewing again now with forced parameters.

Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero