Rich-text Reply

What do when an experiment is finished

nickk 12-17-15
Accepted Solution

What do when an experiment is finished

This might be a weird question but I am new to this tool. Let's say that I ran an experiment and found that green buttons were way better than yellow buttons. If I want to make green buttons a permenant change on my site, do I end that experiment and ask my dev team to make that permenant change in the code?

Level 2

robertchan 12-17-15

Re: What do when an experiment is finished

There are a few ways to go about with results. One would be, as you mentioned, to go ahead and submit a request to modify the button color to your dev team. Another, based on time sensitivity, would be to set the winning variant to a traffic allocation of 100%; this would work best if your dev team's queued up on tasks, or if you've got enough monthly traffic allocation remaining to have a quick temporary modification to the existing button. Finally, another would be to move on with further testing. For example, now that you've found that green buttons work better than yellow buttons, you could now test something else like the button's font family or dimensions.

Robert Chan

nickk 12-17-15

Thanks Robert! That approach makes sense to me. Based on your response, I think we would want to figure out if there are additional tests we want to run (such as font family as you mentioned). Then, we might add those permanent changes to our dev queue.
Level 2
robertchan 12-17-15

Awesome to be of help, and best of luck to testing!
Robert Chan