Rich-text Reply

Will Optimizely Push Data Back to Google Analytics Goals?

jesstg 01-28-15

Will Optimizely Push Data Back to Google Analytics Goals?

Hi there, I'm new to using Optimizely and we have traditionally used Google Analytics to track our phone call, contact form, chat interactions, and so on in goals. We use Ifbyphone, but unfortunately you cannot use Ifbyphone's integration with Optimizely and Ifbyphone goal tracking in Google Analytics simultaneously.

My question is:

Will Optimizely take data/clicks and push it back to our Google Analytics goals if we integrate Optimizely with Universal Analytics? So if a person clicks to call, will Optimizely show that as an action and push it back to Google, which will then register it as a goal conversion?

Thanks for your help. I did search the community but couldn't find a clear answer.

Level 1

Brian_Abad 01-28-15

Re: Will Optimizely Push Data Back to Google Analytics Goals?

Hey @jesstg ,

Thanks for reaching out with your question!

The Optimizely <> Google Analytics integration will send the Optimizely experiment and variation name off to Google Analytics. This allows you to segment your GA data for visitors that have been bucketed into the specific Optimizely experiment. In this sense, Optimizely does not push clicks or conversion data to GA but rather allows for a way to filter your GA data for visitors that have been bucketed into the experiment.

For more information on the integration, feel free to read our knowledge base article that covers the integration in full: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200039995-Integrating-Optimizely-with-Google-Analytics...

Let me know if I can be of more help!

---
Brian Abad
Manager, Technical Support
Customer Success
Optimizely