Rich-text Reply

Will pageviews on URL's excluded from experiment via targeting still be counted properly?

mkstvnsn 11-10-16

Will pageviews on URL's excluded from experiment via targeting still be counted properly?

I have URL's excluded that are pageview GOALs for the experiment. I just don't want the experiment to START if a user lands on one of those pages.

If they're excluded via URL targeting, will the pageviews still be counted properly for my goals?

Level 2

robertchan 11-10-16

Re: Will pageviews on URL's excluded from experiment via targeting still be counted properly?

If you've certain pages excluded from the experiment, those pages will not count towards your pageviews for that experiment. Whatever is being targeted, however, will be included with your pageviews.
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero
mkstvnsn 11-10-16

Re: Will pageviews on URL's excluded from experiment via targeting still be counted properly?

Thanks Robert. That confuses me though..

Let's say I have website.com/page that I want to make a GOAL for pageviews. I want the experiment to run site-wide. However, if someone lands on website.com/page directly I do not want the experiment to trigger.

This is how I have it set up. Will this work properly?

Targeting

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 10.12.19 AM.png

GOAL

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 10.11.55 AM.png

Level 2
robertchan 11-11-16

This looks correct to me, your goal should be agnostic to your targeting.
Robert Chan

Experimentation Hero