Rich-text Reply

click goals ab split test

matpol 02-04-15

click goals ab split test

Hi

We are running some experiments that use the variation as a different url. We have set up some click goals for these pages but the goals do seem be tracking? Is there any way to verify that these are wroking properly? Also how do you remove the red outline if you do not want to track a particular element?

Thanks

Matthew

Level 1

Amanda 02-06-15

Re: click goals ab split test

Hi @matpol  -  These are all great questions. Here is some information that should help

1. To track clicks when using a redirect experiment, you will need to specify the pages where the click goal should be tracked. You can find details on how to do this in our Support article here: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200039905-Click-goals#redirect_goal_targeting. I have a suspicion that this is the reason you are not seeing the goals tracked on the redirect page. 
  2. To check and see if the goals are working on your redirect page, I would look at the network traffic while your experiment is running. You can check out how to do this here
  3. The red outline is just an indicator to tell you what is being tracked on the page. If you want to change this, click the goals button in the top nav (the flag icon), find the goal you want to change and hit edit. You will then see the tracked elements highlighted in red. Just click on the element one more time and you should see the red outline disappear. Alternatively, if you are technical, you can click on the "Advanced section" in the goal UI and modify the selectors manually. 

Let me know if this helps! 

Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 10.34.16 AM.png

Optimizely
matpol 02-09-15

Thanks for your response - very helpful. The only thing is that when you 'shrink' the view to get the advanced options - if you site is responsive it changes so it is hard to see the elements that you want track as they may not show on the smaller view of the site. Also the editor does not seem reliable as I have aded goals which do seem to work. I have checked with the network inspector so I think they might be working properly now.
Level 1
Amanda 02-09-15

I am glad to hear the goals are working now. With the advanced option in the goals UI, you can acutally just manually populate the selectors as opposed to clicking on elements in the iframe view. This requires a bit of technical knowledge, but it can be very useful if you are familiar with CSS selectors. 

My suspcion as to why the goals added through editor were not working is that either the selector was wrong, or the element was added to the page late (after the Optimizely snippet had already ran). 

Let us know if we can help out in any way! 

Optimizely