Rich-text Reply

cross domain tracking

Mrtango 07-17-15
Accepted Solution

cross domain tracking

[ Edited ]

Hi,

We have a widget which works like as lightbox in iframe (as domain A) and is installed into client's website (domain B). We would like to track goals in our lightbox (in iframe), but all major browsers block third party cookies.

This workaround not working: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/201367204-Cross-Domain-Tracking-with-Optimizely

What I want is very simple - I want just push (force)  +1 visitor count into optimizely. Goals will be send via server side.

My workflow:

1. Unique user get variation from optimizley (I know that user is unique and I save the variation into DB). So no need save cookies. (Done)

2. Optimizely count visitor +1 (not working). Is possible send it as event (like as goals via serverside)?

3. When user do something, I send the event "goal" into optimizely via serverside. (Done)

Who can help me?

Thanks

Level 2

Re: cross domain tracking

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Can you share your website and the URL where you're attempting to implement the iFrame with us here? If not, can you direct message me?

In this situation, the iFrame solution for Cross-domain tracking is the best solution. I'd suggest we investigate why that's not working before exploring alternatives.

Best,
Amy

Amy Herbertson
Customer Success
Mrtango 07-20-15

[ Edited ]

Hello, Amy, 

Sure. Please check: <link removed> and view source

Thank you

Level 2
Mrtango 07-21-15

Hello again, 

Amy, I think you are right. In production with traffic optimizely code works. Cookies are not stored, but visitors are counted.

My last question related with this thread - I need to save into my DB "optimizelyEndUserId" (for tracking offline conversion events), but I can't get it from cookies. Is possible to get it from optimizely object like as I get an variation?

Thanks

Level 2

Hi there,

Have you considered using an offline conversion?

https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200040195-Tracking-offline-conversion-events-with-Opti...

-Amy
Amy Herbertson
Customer Success
Mrtango 08-02-15

Hello, 

Sure and my question is related with that. I can't get nothing from cookies (browsers block all cookies (cross domain)) so my question: "Is possible to get it from optimizely object like as I get an variation?"

Thanks

Level 2
Mrtango 08-10-15

Thanks for help. After three weeks, I still do not have answers - but it doesn't matter.

Level 2