Rich-text Reply

how do I measure clicking on the "buy now" button only

be7still 08-29-15

how do I measure clicking on the "buy now" button only

[ Edited ]

I am trying to measure the number of clicks on my buy now button on the page. Is there a way that I can do this easily?

Level 1

MartijnSch 08-31-15

Re: how do I measure clicking on the "buy now" button only

Probably these buy buttons will have a unique selector on every page that you could use to target them to make sure you'll be able to track the number of clicks on the buy button. If you're able to send us the URL we might be able to help you out with this.
Amanda 09-01-15

Re: how do I measure clicking on the "buy now" button only

@MartijnSch is exactly right. Have you checked out our Support article on setting up click goals? https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200039905-Click-goals

You can also just load your page URL where the buttons appear into the goal modal and then just select the "buy now" button and Optimizely will automatically create the selector. The only tricky thing here is figuring out if this buy now button also appears in other locations and if you want to track clicks on those buttons as well. This can be easily accomplished by using a common selector like Martijn mentioned or by setting the goal targeting settings. 

If you can provide some more detail, we can certainly help provide specific instructions. 

Thanks! 

Optimizely