Rich-text Reply

how to solve this

jrahme10 07-18-16

how to solve this

Variation A is declared a winner at 90% statistical significance with a difference interval of .10% and 4%. The control's conversion rate is 15%. Which of the following could be Variation A's conversion rate?

Level 1

inigam 07-18-16

Re: how to solve this

Hey .. just wondering if you know control's conversion rate is 15%, you can also get variation A's conversion rate? whats the issue here?
Regards,
IN

Level 6
jrahme10 07-18-16

im new in optimizely , im still learning so i had a little quiz and they asked me that question , and i had to choose between 12%, 18% , 20% and 40% .

the right answer was 18% , i just want to know what is the calculation that i have to do to get this result.

Level 1
robertchan 07-18-16

To address your original question, the answer would be determined by taking the control's conversion rate and add it to the max and min of the difference interval to determine what variation A's conversion rate is. So in this example, we get .10 plus 15 which gives us 15.10 (variation A's lowest possible conversion rate) and 4 plus 15 which gives us 19 (variation A's highest possible conversion rate). Out of the answer choices you provided, 18 is the only number that lies between the range of 15.10 and 19.
Robert Chan

inigam 07-18-16

i doubted that it would be more of an interviewy question. Thanks RobertChan
Regards,
IN

Level 6