Rich-text Reply

implementing optimizely with launchrock

Brian 12-17-14

implementing optimizely with launchrock

I am trying to implement optimizely with launchrock.

Lauchrock allows you to add code to the body and via js and css, but not the header.

Our Launchrock page is forwarded onto our domain name. our domain is goslope.com and launchrock forwards our launch page to signup.goslope.com

I added the snipit of code at the top of my body.

I have also added the snipit via js with this code:

(function() {
    var s = document.createElement('script');
    s.type = "text/javascript";
    s.async = true;
    s.src='//cdn.optimizely.com/js/123456789.js';
    var d = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];
    d.appendChild(s);
})();

when I check my console at signup.goslope.com and type in optimizely it recognizes an object:

optimizely
Object {$: function, activeExperiments: Array[0], allExperiments: Object, all_experiments: Object, allVariations: Object…}

However, when I try to create an experiment it still says:

We have loaded your site using compatibility mode — you can still edit your page, but some site functionality might be missing. Learn More.

I cant seem to find a solution for this and we really need to AB Test our signup page.

Please help 

Level 1

Brian_Abad 12-17-14

Re: implementing optimizely with launchrock

Hey fellow @Brian ,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your question!

One thing I'd like to confirm - are you implementing the snippet twice onto your page or are you highlighting the code you had used to implement the snippet? It looks like you are loading the snippet asynchronously which can lead to some flashing / flickering as original content is able to load onto your page before the Optimizely snippet executes experimental changes. However, this seems a bit unavoidable as you are only able to implement code within the body of your webpage through this CMS.

Regarding the compatibility mode, this can be resolved by loading mixed content when loading your site into the Optimizely editor. This entire process is covered in full here: https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/200179074-Pages-not-loading-in-the-Editor-troubleshoot...

Let us know how this works for you!

---
Brian Abad
Manager, Technical Support
Customer Success
Optimizely