Rich-text Reply

localhost/editor

aczarnec 02-21-17
Accepted Solution

localhost/editor

Hi, I have a problem with page loading in Optimizely. Namely when I try to load it in the editor I receive a message "This page failed to load." During loading process I can see 404 error. Funny thing is that when I click "Pop Page Out" the page appears correctly and I can mark the elements. Any ideas about why is it happening? Regards, Aleksander
Level 1

carbonsam 02-21-17

Re: localhost/editor

Hi Aleksander,

Is the page you're trying to access on your local machine (localhost) or on an internal network? Optimizely won't be able to access any pages that aren't available publically. The reason you can view it when you use the "Pop Page Out" is that you're now using your own browser to view the page directly instead of Optimizely's.

Samuel
sbussard 06-06-17

I was able to get it working on a page that's not publicly available by creating a page with the following options:

Page Type: A set of URLs

Editor URL: http://localhost:3000

URL Pattern: localhost:3000

Match Type: exact match
Activation Mode: Immediately

Level 2
carbonsam 06-06-17

By getting it to work, you mean that the experiment was running correctly for a page on localhost? That works, it's just that you won't be able to see any of those pages inside of the Optimizely editor - you have to navigate to the page directly.

Samuel
sbussard 06-06-17

Nope, I got it to show up in the editor.
Level 2
carbonsam 06-06-17

Really? Are there any special steps you had to take in order to get localhost pages loading inside of Optimizely? I'm curious to see how this works as I haven't seen anyone get this working before.
Samuel
sbussard 06-21-17

One more thing: you either need to load unsafe scripts in your browser or use the optimizely desktop app
Level 2
vishalrao Monday

To test on localhost, as mentioned by sbussard just use the desktop app. It works like a charm.