Rich-text Reply

need to track/ do experiment for traffic from adwords only

atxwebdesigner2 04-28-15

need to track/ do experiment for traffic from adwords only

In my experiment I'm interested in only traffic from adwords campaigns. In create new audience I dont see a source option to choose adwords. Is there any easy way to do this for my basic plan?

Thanks

Re: need to track/ do experiment for traffic from adwords only

Hi there,

While we do have an Ad Campaign audience condition, this unfortunately is not available to Starter customers.

However, you can use the Query parameter targeting condition. Though, there are limitations with this.

The Ad campaign condition is "sticky." However, the Query parameter targeting condition is not. In other words, if a visitor lands on a page with a query parameter from an ad campaign and gets targeted in the experiment, the targeting will persist after the initial page viewed. The Ad campaign condition is ideal for tracking visitors across multiple pages. With the Query parameter targeting condition, the user will qualify and be bucketed into the experiment on ONLY the first page they land on. If they navigate away from the page, the query parameter will disappear and the experiment will not run one the second page or any other page navigated to after.

Here is more information about Audience conditions:
https://help.optimizely.com/hc/en-us/articles/201876450-Audience-conditions-Descriptions-and-example...

Best,
Amy
Amy Herbertson
Customer Success
JDahlinANF 05-05-15

In the Starter Pack, could they use one experiment based on the Ad Words in the URL to place a user into a second experiment that runs on all pages (but requires the first experiment to place users into this experiment)

Ehsan 05-08-15

Hi @nap0leon,

Yes you can! The first experiment could capture visitors via query parameter and then manually activate the second experiment that runs on all pages.

Check out this article for more information on how to configure Manual Activation Mode.  You wan to put the line of code that is generated in the Edit Code of the only variation of the first experiment.

I hope that helps!  Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Best,
Ehsan

Optimizely