Rich-text Reply

top layer pop up blocks access to HTML elements behind it

turhat 08-16-15

top layer pop up blocks access to HTML elements behind it

hi, i'm new to optimizely. I have a web page with pop up coming up on top of it to offer a unique coupon to our visitors. When I want to create a variation i get the HTML page with the pop up on top of it. So i can't reach/see/click the elements that are below that pop up. If i'll delete the pop up layer altogether i'll be able to modify the elements behind it but then I lose the top layer altogether. What's the way to get the front layer to disapear while in edit mode, but not from the live mode?

Level 1

plac3bodk 08-17-15

Re: top layer pop up blocks access to HTML elements behind it

Hi turhat

Try switching to Interactive mode to get past the popup.

When you clicked away the popup, you then can switch back to Edit mode, and you should be able to implement your changes.

Let me know if this didn't solve your problem, then we can try digging deeper into it.

Please paste a link for the site as well, since it'll be easier to troubleshoot, when being able to see the actual site.

Henrik

ishaan 08-21-15

Re: top layer pop up blocks access to HTML elements behind it

Hi Turhat,

Click on Interactive Mode on the top right corner in the Editor Mode. This allows you to view the actual page with all additional features (pop-up box included). Then you can close the pop up and once you see the elements behind the pop-up, click again on Editing Mode and you can make all changes.

Thanks,

Ishaan.

Image for your reference

Level 2